Thursday, May 26

 

Giving up the Funk!

Drinks with Bob went well on Tuesday, he called surprising at the stroke of 10pm. Now I had not even began to get ready for fear that if I was all dressed up I would have no place to go. So I had to run around like a mad women to meet him at the wine bar in 30 minutes as he requested. It did however work out perfectly that I was walking up as he was getting out of the car and he did the whole double look you know the one where you think is that the person that I am meeting. Then we hugged he looked me up and down about three times and said that I looked nice. Blah. We went to square one for drinks. I began to feel very poor as all of these people who have tons of money were talking about investing and savings accounts.. hmm I have 327.00 in savings in think, I try to pretend like it isn’t there so I don’t spend it so one day in 10 years I will have enough money to buy a car.

I had this awesome conversation with a guy who, had I never had children and was free, I would probably be just like him, it was strange. Our conversation almost left me sad, feeling I have missed something in life that I always longed to experience. It also left me wanting to talk to him more. However per Crittle I didn’t offer up my number nor did I ask for his… remember man runs world, man can ask for number! He did however say that I should go to James Brown, which I am doing. Not so much with the hopes of running into him but James Brown is funky! Also Crittle I will have you know that at some point on a Sunday in the near future we will be taking a trip to Kokomos because I want to watch his band play. You have been enlisted.

Yesterday it was just killing me to know more about this guy and I probably should not have but I asked Bobbles, “so what’s his story” his response was that it was a long story. Ok that didn’t sound good so I asked “is he worth running into again” to which he responded “great guy, really busy though, probably not worth the effort” so there you have it. BUT I am not sure if Bobbles realizes that I am a busy girl and don’t require too much, or maybe I do and won’t admit to it freely. But I think I am low maintenance, I have a full time job along with two children its not like I have a whole lot of free time. Usually one night a week sometimes two if I am lucky, which isn’t generally the case.
So stay tuned to see if at Funky James Brown I happen to run into the guy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?